Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Half-way Mini-Review of Deliver by Tricia Mingerink


Image may contain: text

I had hoped to finish Deliver by now and have a review up for you before the launch on Friday this week, however, because I have adult things to do I am only half-way through it. I'm so very disappointed, but not too disappointed because I have done a lot of reading lately trying very hard to keep up. Some days just getting 20 minutes to read is a challenge.

I had also wanted to write 500 words this week. The Lord gave me plenty of other things to keep me busy. So. In the meantime, I can tell you a few things about how I am liking this book so far so pique your interest, but the review will have to wait.


-There is a new character in this one, Kayleigh, and I love her boldness and her green dresses. I loooove green. Kayleigh is relatable and lovable.

-I am beginning to see a new side to Martyn, and it's intriguing to watch his hardened heart soften.

-Renna's strong and sweet, and I feel so proud of her. She and Leith are too perfect together, and I really like his confidence. Even if he doesn't believe he is confident, he walks it and talks it like someone rooted in their faith for much longer than he has. This shows such a desire to grow and learn that I have a lot of respect for him.

-My favorite part of this one (and this is my favorite of all four) is this exploration into the question "What happens after broken?" We often see what happens until and during battle in stories, and sometimes an epilogue. Yet, very rarely do we see the rebuilding that happens after in such detail. By now, if you've followed the series, you've grown attached to some of the characters, and you find yourself praying with them, too. That part is comforting.

Come and join in the fun on Friday for the launch party, I would love to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment