Thursday, December 1, 2016

Special Announcement and 9 times Star Wars was Politically Relatable to Conservatives

For once, something fun! I didn't put a lot of effort into this post. I have valid excuses, stop giving that look. This month, I am putting my efforts into getting ready for a very special post, one which I hope you will be very excited for. Several friends have suggested that I let readers have a chance to see more of what I love to do, and I've considered this request very carefully. On December 22 I will be sharing with you all an excerpt from my current story (still unnamed, currently dubbed "Lyla's story".) I have yet to choose the excerpt, and it will require some editing first once I choose one. I also cannot promise the excerpt will be something that remains in the story permanently as the draft is in its most infantile of stages and is less than 20 pages in length (sorry guys, sometimes things get cut later on, it's part of the craft). However, for the time being, here is a fun little post for you nerds' enjoyment.

9 Times Star Wars was Politically Relatable to Conservatives 

#1. Pretty much felt like this so many times throughout the last few years.  

#2 “Well all else fails,” Mara advised, “Fall back on the truth.”
Cal Omas gave her a look of mock horror. “No! I’m a politician! I can’t tell the truth!”
-Destiny’s Way by Walter Jon Williams
We know, Cal, we know.

#3 When politicians try to pass a bill or health care plan no one really wants, they're like,

#4 Then after it’s done, us Christians watch the world around us crumble, rolling our eyes, because:


#5 Trying to muddle through a proposed bill with convoluted wording going...

#6 What crosses your mind as you watch the debates on television:

#7 When someone tells you your political stance is stupid or your predictions can’t possibly be a valid outcome and you’re like,
(I know, I just had to slip this one in here somewhere.)

#8 Watching people make bad choices, and realizing they don’t get it because...
*(Is it really our point of view that is the focus? Or God’s?)

#9 When Jill Stein asks for a recount of everyone's votes:


It is always good to remember, however, in life, or in politics, in trials or even times of joy,
The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. -Proverbs 16:9






No comments:

Post a Comment