Saturday, August 25, 2018

Some Little Updates

Good morning, all!
This won't be a long blog post. Ember has made some progress but I'm not ready to share here. 
Mostly I have been doing a lot of thinking (which some people translate to be a lot of nothing, but thinking is a thing and it is an important thing). I have made some small steps forward with Ember lately, which I'd like to ask you all to pray for me about. I am getting to a place where, looking ahead, I can see that I will need to be more intentional in order to have options later. If you know me, you also know that I'm terrified of unknowns, and there are a lot of unknowns in how the publishing journey will unfold.
I've tweaked a few things on the blog recently. They are small changes, so maybe you won't notice them. "Subscribe to our mailing list" has changed to "Subscribe to the Ink Lizard Gazette." The reason for this is because I think this is more true to what it is, and, frankly, I thought the former sounded creeper. I also took out some clutter from the Menu page to tighten that up.
I am also considering moving towards a better balance between blogging and newsletters, meaning less blog posts, but more newsletters. In the end, it will even out and I won't be clogging up people's emails. I'm leaning more towards something quarterly. As usual, those of you who subscribe to the Ink Lizard Gazette will receive important information first, Ember fun facts, and always a photo of Jemma (because she's a star, didn't you know?). I already post on the blog at least twice a month or also quarterly on the blog.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this and if you like the idea or not. If not, please let me know why. (I dislike spam and multiple, useless emails that I don't have time to read, so if you honestly don't think you'd have time to read the newsletters, please let me know.) Or, if you've had experience in this arena and have advice to share, please me know. (Comment below, or PM me on Facebook.)

No comments:

Post a Comment