Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Happy New Year! The Countdown Begins: 7 Days...

Hello all! I hope your New Year's celebrations were fantastic, and that your Christmas was joyful. I spent Christmas Day at home with family after a lovely morning service at church. I am thankful to Rev. Johnson for his message to us on that day, and the praises that the kiddos sang afterwards. God has blessed me with a great church family. We will miss Rev. Najapfour in the new year, but pray for his family as they strive to serve the Lord in study and the Philippines (D.V.) one day in the future.
On New Year's Day, we took a winter hike with a dear friend and enjoyed the sparkling landscape with all our senses- touch and smell, sight and sound. I love snow. One of my favorite verses in the wintertime is Proverbs 31:21, "She is not afraid of snow for her household, For all her household is clothed with scarlet." Isn't that a lovely verse?



On the last day of the year, I finished Exiles by Jaye L. Knight, and on the first day of the year I began War of Loyalties by Schuyler McConkey. This was not planned, but I'm so glad it did work out, especially since I've been struggling to get through books for over a year now. (It took me a month to finish Exiles, this is not exactly normal for me.)

Today marks one week until Amarylis will be public! Is your tea ready? Have you slippers nearby? I can't believe that in seven days something I wrote will be public. This is actually, seriously terrifying. But also exciting. I really can't decide. Voting will begin (for Michiganders only, sorry) on the day it will be released, January 9, at www.writemichigan.org. Since I've never done this before I don't know exactly what it will look like but when I know I will share with you all so you can find the links to read some of the short stories.


An apologize is also in order to anyone who is signed up on my mailing list and received an email that you already received. It seems, because I am not technological, that I chose a setting in MailChimp to have an email sent on a recurring monthly basis. Oops. I hope that I have fixed that.

Enjoy the snow and have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment