Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Happy Tuesday! (In which I share Brandes' new book cover and some crocheting.)

Happy Tuesday everyone!
I meant to post this yesterday, but alas, the internet was having a Monday and went kaput. (If you are Dutch you know that word.) So basically everything I was in the midst of had to stop and dumb it all, I had to shop at Meijers (where I got some nice tan yarn). After that I made alfredo sauce on lasagna noodles for dinner. There was this delicious recipe posted on Facebook that my mom and I sorted of followed because we couldn't open the links to read the instructions. It still turned out amazing. So the point of this is that the internet went kaput but life still went on. 

What I meant to post yesterday was an exciting update from Nadine Brandes! I was surprised to see that she has finally shared with us her new book's cover and a little synopsis! (Click on the link for that synopsis- it sounds fantastic!)
Isn't it pretty? All that blue and gold and that mysterious mask. *Spinning and twirling* It sounds delightfully suspenseful. I cannot wait to read it and I want it on my shelf. 

I am in the middle of several projects (writing and otherwise) and dealing with life-happens stuff which I won't bore you with, so Ember is glaring at me right now but I'm praying my way through this.

One of my projects is crocheting. I have a few things that I am available to be commissioned for. If you are interested in any of these projects, please visit my Facebook page and PM me. 
Here are some of my projects that I am able to do for you. ~ Please note that this may be opened for a limited time, depending on how I can keep up with it. 

Scarves 10.00 ea
I believe this particular one may not be available (I think someone else has her eye on it), but I am posting it as an example. This particular yarn is also all used up, and I do not know where I got it from, sorry!
I use soft yarns that are comfortable on the skin and if you don't know what colors you want, just tell me what you like and I will find something. I often pick up random textured yarn and so forth when I shop, so I can look for different colors while out.
Colors I have on hand at the moment: 
*Red
*White
*Tan/beige (It is called "Heather")

I can purchase any other colors you wish and can also do stripes or add tassels. 1.00 more for a third color.  

Fun fur scarves 12.00 because fun fur is not actually as much fun to work with as it is to wear and look at. Even though it is so so soft and yummy.




(I apologize for the strange alignment, here, it was not allowing me to format this the way I wanted.)

Christmas Stockings 15.00 ea.
I have just nearly completed a complete set for my family and my mother loves them. 
I can do them with green also, I just don't have of that color on hand right now. No lettering/ monogramming offered. They are a nice big size.

Crochet Cradle-purse 12.00
These make great Christmas or birthday gifts for any little girl! They are nice for church because she can carry a small pen and mini notebook in it, too, and a great quiet-time toy. 
I can do any two colors of your choice. (See scarves for what colors I have right now.) 1.00 for a third color. Bunny/doll is currently not included. 
Blanket or pillow is 1.00 more, blanket and pillow together 2.00 more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment