Monday, September 18, 2017

September News

18 days until Breathe! I am very excited for this, because last year it was awesome. I was exhausted by the end, but so filled with information. What an experience it was! 

Something I did not share in my last post was that I started two new jobs (yes, two). How I am going to balance them out will be a challenge, but one is a temporary, seasonal job. This means... well, I don't know what it means, exactly. I will have to work writing around it (as always- that's nothing new). It is a different schedule, which will change again in October. For that reason, I would appreciate many prayers that I adjust quickly to the current fluctuating schedule and my permanent schedule when that falls into place. Change is hard for me. It tends to mess with me, and throw my creative side off-balance for a bit. I love what I am doing, but I am asking for many prayers in finding a new normal and being okay with still more change. 

Then there is FALL! Which I love. I do enjoy all seasons for different reasons (Summer is my favorite, though) but Fall also includes one other very big thing: the beginning of school and the pre-holiday season. For me, this means Sunday School begins, Christmas Program stuff needs to be finalized, and holidays planned and baked for. I'm jumping into a sea of (somewhat) organized chaos this September with my eyes Upward. 

Reading goals: To finish Samara's Peril by Jaye L. Knight. 
Writing goals: To write another chapter of the White Hawks up and have ready to send to editing friends (sorry, I am way far behind but nobody complain because it's all worth it, believe me, the trade-off is better). To also write at least a little in Ember's story, even if it is 500 words only before now and the end of the month. 
Other goals: Generally not freak out daily when I look at my calendar and trust God daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment